Sorry for the long break. Had a bit of a fiasco with the move, but things are slowly getting back to normal.
So! On to our essays!
Another aspect to look at when analyzing a literary work is the author. As a writer, I can tell you that a lot of the author bleeds into their work, whether they intend it to or not. So by taking a look at the author, you can sometimes get a deeper glimpse into the story.
Some things you can question might be:
- What is the author's background?
- Where did they grow up?
- What were their experiences?
- What did they study in college?
- What are their beliefs?
- Where is their favorite vacation spot? (and other personal tidbits)
- What are their political views?
- What is their education and career background?
- What is their family like?
Taking a look at the author can give you a much deeper insight into their work.